Register to book for our cancer molecular profiling clinic or ancillary services here:
The treatment paradigm in the field of oncology has evolved, bringing immunotherapy and targeted therapy as the front-line treatment in many types of cancer. The challenges have been for the low and middle-income countries (LMICs) to adopt this pivot given the high costs of genomic profiling technology, expertise availability, and access to innovative cancer drugs. At the same time, the level of chemotherapy hesitancy is also high due to many factors including poor service of supportive care in oncology.
Such conundrums will continue to create inequity in cancer health outcomes between the advanced countries and LMICs. As science and discovery continue to progress, the disparity in cancer survival outcomes and quality of life would continue to widen in LMICs. Re-allocation of health resources to fund cancer care following the model of other advanced countries could compromise the health outcomes associated with other diseases.
We realize that to bridge this gap, two important components need to be in place. The first one is to bring the costs of testing and treatment to affordable levels, and the second one will be to make it widely accessible with the use of digital platforms.
The rationale for Molecular Profiling and Precision Oncology Service is to bring cutting-the-edge treatments of cancer including the use of targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and clinical trials to the forefront and make them widely accessible. It also forms part of the effort of designing cancer care that follows the health equity line, ensuring good standard cancer care for all.
- Physical Clinic
We are now running our physical cancer genomic clinic at Columbia Asia Bukit Rimau, Shah Alam, Selangor.
2. Digital Platforms
The consultations will be conducted via one of the digital platforms.
The consultation will be provided by oncologists contracted by Cancer CRI Centre, and supervised medical officers trained by Cancer CRI Centre. To ensure the smooth process and service for patients, Cancer CRI Centre will be providing cancer care coordinator nurse service who will help with streamlining the whole process.
3. Molecular Panels
Our health professionals will discuss with patients and decide on the most suitable panel for each situation based on the principle of shared decision and informed consent.
Our panels range from small, targeted number of genes to 20 000 genes and would include PDL-1 IHC, Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB), and Microsatellite Instability (MSI) tests.
We will then provide the recommendations which will include various information including the appropriate cancer medicines, availability of clinical trials, patient assistance program, compassionate access program, and access to certain cancer medicines.
4. Scope of Indicated Testing
- Cancer Early Prediction (family history or family with germline mutation/s)
- Cancer Therapy, Diagnosis, and Prognosis
- Cancer Relapse / Resistance Development
- End of Established Treatment Lines
- Rare Cancers
- Basic and Translational Research
- Patient-centered molecular profiling program, tallying our tests and recommendations to patients’ needs for the best quality of life and cancer outcomes.
- End-to-end service for our clients – we arrange everything following the receipt of referral to the provision of recommendation.
- Highly affordable and caters to the needs of people with various socio-economic situations.
- Potential to expand the cancer care and outcomes loco-regionally given the capture of granular data prospectively, and future conduct of research, trials, and cutting-the-edge data analytics.
- Help the universities, cancer research organizations, and pharmaceutical companies to perform wide genomic testing for research purposes, and drug development to meet the challenges in achieving better cancer outcomes.
Our Molecular Tumor Board:
The uniqueness of our service lies in our molecular tumor board set up comprising medical oncologists, clinical geneticists, molecular pathologists, and medical laboratory scientists discussing the complex cases that require high expertise to translate the results to recommendations.
Cancer CRI Centre provides contextualized recommendations to suit various factors pertaining to each patient in Malaysia.
Molecular Profiling and Precision Oncology Talk: